Stratford College is a co-educational fee-paying secondary school in Rathgar Dublin 6. Originally founded by the Jewish community in 1954, today the school welcomes students of all faiths and none.
The school was first located in a house called ‘Stratford’ on Terenure Road East. Some years later the opportunity to move the College to the present complex in Rathgar occurred. In 1981 a new building was erected. Today only the elegant mid - Victorian facade remains of the original house.
'Glengyle, Rathgar: The History of a House and its Occupants', by Enda MacMahon (2016) explains in detail about the history of the building.
Stratford is proud of its rich 60-year heritage but also embraces the future with a dynamic and diverse student population.