Admissions for First Year 2024
The closing date for applications was 5 pm (Irish time) on Monday 23rd October.
All applications received after this date will be considered Late Applications and processed in accordance with our Admissions Policy.
Second Round Offers will issue week commencing December 4th.
Click in the box below to complete an Application Form for 1st year 2024.
All applications received will be processed in accordance with our Admissions Policy.
Applications without a copy birth certificate uploaded will be considered incomplete.
Applications for 2024 received before the 1st February 2020 have been placed on our waiting list and will be included on our expressions of interest database.
Places for 2024 that have been offered and accepted prior to February 2020, when the new legislation came into effect, will remain so.
Applications received after the deadline in October will be placed on our waiting list.
For further details including our Annual Admissions Notice 2024 click on our General Admissions Information page.
Transition into Stratford College
To ensure students transition as smoothly as possible into Junior Cycle we have the following arrangements in place.
- Our Annual Open Day in September.
- Request in January for additional information, if any.
- A new parent’s enrolment meeting in March every year, to give parents a chance to meet teaching staff and other families. This ensures they get more familiar with the school before 1st Year begins.
- In April/May students attend an Orientation Day to meet their classmates, see around the school and hear from our current 1st Years about their subjects, books, timetables and books. This makes them more comfortable with the transition from their primary schools to Stratford.
- In August 1st Years begin the day before the rest of the school ensuring they have their lockers, timetables and have met their Class Tutor and some of their subject teachers before everyone else.
- A mentor system to ensure 1st Years have an older student to guide and support them during those first few weeks of term.
- In September we hold an information meeting for 1st Year parents on Study Skills.
- In October the Parents Association (PA) holds its AGM.
- Parent -teacher meeting, progress reports and house exams follow.