Due to Covid-19 restrictions we will not be holding face to face meetings in the school with prospective parents.
To contact us directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to ensure students transition as smoothly as possible into Junior Cycle we have set up the following initiatives:
- A new parent’s enrolment meeting in March every year, to give parents a chance to meet teaching staff and other families. This ensures they get more familiar with the school before 1st Year begins.
- In April students attend an Orientation Day to meet their classmates, see around the school and hear from our current 1st Years about their subjects, books, timetables and books. This makes them more comfortable with the transition from their primary schools to Stratford.
- In August 1st Years begin the day before the rest of the school ensuring they have their lockers, timetables and have met their Class Tutor and some of their subject teachers before everyone else.
- A mentor system to ensure 1st Years have an older student to guide and support them during those first few weeks of term.
- In September we hold an information meeting for parents on Study Skills.
- In November we have a Curriculum Evening to explain any new educational initiatives.
- Parent -teacher meeting, progress reports and house exams follow.
Visits will typically take the form of meetings with the Principal Patricia Gordon, as well as a tour of the school.