In February 2014 the Department of Education and Skills (DES) undertook a whole school evaluation of Stratford College focused on management, leadership and learning within the school.
Extensive interviews with parents, students and teachers, as well as on-site reviews of lessons and materials, were undertaken and the key findings were:
- Highly organised and motivated Board of Management.
- Emergence of a holistic, professional learning community is tangible within the school.
- The principal demonstrates highly dynamic leadership including engagement and leadership in educational innovation.
- The principal and deputy principal work closely together as a cohesive senior management team with high levels of collaboration and ownership of the school’s educational priorities.
- Both parents and students confirmed that the atmosphere and ethos of the school are permeated by key principles of kindness and tolerance.
- Teachers are highly committed, motivated and enthusiastic and have engaged effectively with up-to-date professional development.
- Student support structures are very good and features of exemplary practice noted in the support of students welfare and well-being.
- Overall the quality of teaching and learning observed was very good and some excellent practice noted
Download the Whole School Evaluation Report
Download the full report (PDF) which was issued on 2nd October 2014.